By Nick Shook
Read full post on NFL.com
With Rex Ryan having been served his walking papers and the playoffs no longer possible, the Bills had one game to complete before putting the 2016 season in the books. They might have bigger issues to worry about heading into the new year, though.
Running back LeSean McCoy was carted off to the locker room after limping off the field with an ankle injury in Buffalo’s season finale against the New York Jets. McCoy has dealt with a number of injury issues this season, but in the final week of a now-meaningless season, the hope is that the injury isn’t a significant one that could have been avoided.
Other injury news we’re tracking on Sunday of Week 17:
1. Texans quarterback Tom Savage left their game against the Titans to be evaluated for a concussion, but cleared protocol and returned to the sideline in the second quarter, only to be reevaluated at halftime and determined to have a concussion. Brock Osweiler, previously benched in favor of Savage, replaced the injured signal-caller.
2. Packers cornerback Quinten Rollins was carted off the field with a neck injury and has been ruled out for the game. Per the team, Rollins is “conscious with movement” and is at a local hospital undergoing further evaluation. Cornerback Damarious Randall injured his knee during the game.
The Packers were without Randall Cobb (ankle) on Sunday night. The wide receiver was inactive after being designated as questionable.
6. Spencer Ware (ribs) was inactive for Kansas City’s game against the San Diego Chargers. Chiefs linebacker Dadi Nicolas was ruled out with a knee injury. Safety Eric Berry did not return with a heel injury.
7. Broncos receiver Emmanuel Sanders (foot) was ruled out for the game. Linebacker Zaire Anderson was taken to a hospital for evaluation after suffering a neck injury. All tests came back normal and Anderson was released, the team announced.
9. Raiders quarterback Matt McGloin (shoulder) did not return. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported there’s little optimism that McGloin will be available for Oakland’s playoff tilt with Houston next weekend.
Defensive back Nate Allen (concussion) was ruled out.
10. Redskins pass rusher Ryan Kerrigan (finger) did not return.
12. Lions cornerback Asa Jackson suffered an ankle injury, while wideout Marvin Jones was evaluated for a head injury.
13. Panthers quarterback Cam Newton told reporters after their loss to the Buccaneers that he will not need surgery on his injured throwing shoulder. The quarterback said the injury only requires “a lot of rest.”